Tamil Movies | Trailers | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

IIFA, Dubai – Glittering with stars!!
June 15, 2006
I I F A

The watchword these days is the International Indian Film Academy festival and awards ceremony. Being held in Dubai, the festival will showcase some of the best in Indian cinema on an international platform. Launched by the brand ambassador of the IIFA, Amitabh Bachchan, the seventh annual IIFA awards is being held in Dubai, which the Big B describes as the "meeting point for the cultures of the West and the East."

The IIFA weekend and awards will bring together 32 Indian films, out of which 14 are south Indian films, 16 are in Hindi, one in Marathi, one Bengali and six short films. Quite obviously, the event has attracted the who's who in the industry, like Mamootty, Mohanlal, Vikram, Meera Jasmine and Aishwarya Rai, Abhishek Bachchan, Hritihk Roshan, Saif Ali Khan, Rani Mukherjee and a lot more.

The show will begin with a premier of Jagmohan Mundra's 'Provoked,' with Aishwarya Rai, Naveen Andrews, Miranda Richardson and Nandita Das in the lead.

The actual inauguration of the IIFA film festival is on the second day of the IIFA Weekend, that will begin with the FICCI IIFA Global Business Forum at the Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry.

I I F A
The third day (16th June) will open with the Tamil blockbuster, Superstar's Chandramukhi! Apart from that, a host of other critically acclaimed and commercial successes of Indian cinema will also be screened, and the audience will enjoy the unique opportunity of interacting with the cast and crew of many of the featured films.
I I F A
The second day of this film bonanza, will also have the IIFA Foundation Fashion Extravaganza, presented by Rosyblue, which will feature celebrated designers like Manish Malhotra and Vikram Phadnis, dressing up some of the popular celebrities in the best of Indian fashion and glamour. This fashion show is being organised to help raise funds for the IIFA Foundation, that is set up to help support the families of injured people who work behind the scenes, or to support people who are injured while the filmmaking process.
The IIFA Awards was launched seven years ago at the Millennium Dome in London, and has today mushroomed into a three-day festival that pays a tribute to some of the best in Indian cinema. Don't miss the highlights of the show tonight at NDTV and Headlines Today.

News Link Bala announces Naan Kadavul with Arya!

More News
News Arrow A new look Kamalinee!!   News Arrow Kidnap drama: Vindhiya denies any such incident
    News Arrow Vaali – Part II? Simran rather desperate!
  News Arrow Murugadoss to discuss with Aamir in New York!!
  News Arrow IT's Hide and Seek with Bachchans!!
  News Arrow Ajith's romantic thriller with Bhavana in lead?
  News Arrow Vindhiya kidnapped?
  News Arrow Singapore and Maddy hit it off!
  News Arrow Director Shankar loves girls in shorts!!
  News Arrow Opposition builds up against Vijayakanth!!
  News Arrow Will Bala’s assistant prove himself in Acharya?
  News Arrow Sun TV to step into movie distribution?
  News Arrow Singer Karthik to enter wedlock
  News Arrow New look Maddy in Mani’s Guru
  News Arrow Pokiri announced! Vijay’s father offers prayers at temples!!
News Arrow Remo girl’s book and music album   News Arrow JOK – exceptional music with Rahman’s own number!
News Arrow IIFA, Dubai – Glittering with stars!!   News Arrow Simbu’s 35 crore mega budget film!!
News Arrow Bala announces Naan Kadavul with Arya!   News Arrow Srikanth: Romance kicks off at a gas station!
News Arrow Actor Anand Babu hospitalized   News Arrow It’s official! Vijay’s Pokiri announced!!

Behindwoods.com © 2004-06 ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com