Tamil Movies | Trailers | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

Will ‘Veyil’ stick to the success list of Shankar?
Veyil
Imsai Arasan has been released after much brouhaha and is having a decent opening. Shankar is a relieved man. The distributors are eager to lap up his next venture, Veyil. Viewers are also interested because it would be a double treat from Shankar- Veyil as producer and Sivaji as director.

Distributors are also aware that Shankar’s penchant for introducing new talent never goes wrong.
Mudhalvan
Balaji Sakthivel and Joshua Sridhar became popular after Kadhal. In that line come Vasanthabalan and Prakashkumar. Prakash is AR Rahman’s cousin and just 18 years old. He has sung many songs in Rahman’s music. Bombay – Kuchi Kuchi Rakkamma, Thiruda Thiruda - Thiruda Thiruda, Mudhalvan – Azaghana Ratchasiyae, Anniyan – Kadhal Yanai.
Anniyan
Movies he earlier worked with Rahman as keyboard player – Swadesh, Krishna, Mangal Pandey The Rising, Rang De Basanti, Subhash Chandra Bose. In Tamil, SJ Suryah’s Ah Aah.

Bharath, Bhavana and Shriya Reddy are the lead actors. Talented Pasupathi plays an important character opposite Shriya Reddy.

Director Vasanthabalan has worked under Shankar right from the Jeans days.
Bhavana
Veyil
Talking about his forthcoming film he says, ”I come from Virudhunagar, an area noted for the exploits by courageous men. The people live their life with passion and total energy. Their lives are entwined in different emotions. It is also very hot. Therefore, I wrote Veyil as a novel with Virudhunagar as the setting. Shankar liked it and asked me to write out the screenplay. I did it in a jiffy and here we go for the shooting. I have worked with Shankar for nearly 16 years. He has taught me everything in cinema.
I should not sound sycophantic but I hope I am able to do justice to the faith he has placed in me – through Veyil”. Amen!

Other top stories
Simply South overtakes Bollywood! Thanks to Rajini!! Dasavatharam – so far!!
Top 10 Super directors of Tamil cinema!! Parijatham – a big comeback for Bhagyaraj?
NDTV explores ‘The Rajni Factor’ Selva-Dhanush-Yuvan combo rocks!
Bloodletting or Laughter – Take your pick! Top 10 heroines of Kollywood today
Sivaji - Package Vettaiyadu Villaiyadu Package

Behindwoods.com © 2004-06 ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com