Tamil Movies | Trailers | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

Rahman’s new label KM: Music without boundaries
A R Rahman
Don’t just conclude that A R Rahman has become tired of composing for cinema. Music is his life and forte and composing scores for cinema is a part of it. To give space for his creative efforts and to scout for new talents and bring out fresh music, Rahman is coming out with a new label that would bring less known but immensely talented artists. Away from the mainstream cinema music, this label will also include jazz and classical music.
As is characteristic of him, Rahman is secretive and doesn’t reveal much about his new venture except that he would call it KM. “KM is something auspicious in Islam, a symbol of good luck,” he says. Back from a pilgrimage, Rahman looks fresh despite the immense efforts he puts into his work.

According to reports, Rahman is also embarking on an international collaboration, teaming up with a guitarist of international repute but he chooses to be silent on this.
Chamki Chameli
A R Rahman
For a man who had international audience spellbound with his Bombay Dreams, the score for The Lord of the Rings, and the Chinese Warriors of Heaven and Earth, success is a byproduct of effort, talent and God’s grace.

Rahman has his foot still in cinema, scoring for Rajini’s Sivaji, Manirathnam’s Guru, Shyam Benegal’s Chamki Chameli and the period film Akbar Jodha. “I can’t forget my roots,” he says.
Rahman draws his inspiration from nature and he says you can find this in the signature tune he has created for Worldspace, a radio service for which Rahman is the brand ambassador. “I began with jingles and I have come back to it. Life has come full circle,” smiles this man modestly.

One important piece of music that he is working for now is the National Anthem, Jana Gana Mana.
Warriors of Heaven and Earth
A R Rahman
He has teamed up with his friend from school, Bharath Bala, on a venture similar to the earlier Vande Mataram.

Jingles or cinema or fusion or experimental music, Rahman is in his elements for he holds that music is every where if you have the ears to listen to it. True music has no boundaries. And music is God’s own voice.

Other top stories
Simply South overtakes Bollywood! Thanks to Rajini!! Dasavatharam – so far!!
Top 10 Super directors of Tamil cinema!! Parijatham – a big comeback for Bhagyaraj?
NDTV explores ‘The Rajni Factor’ Selva-Dhanush-Yuvan combo rocks!
Bloodletting or Laughter – Take your pick! Top 10 heroines of Kollywood today
Sivaji - Package Vettaiyadu Villaiyadu Package

Behindwoods.com © 2004-06 ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com