Tamil Movies | Trailers | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

“I asked Rajini to put on some weight” - Shankar
Imsai Arasan, Shankar’s home production - which is said to be a full-length comedy featuring Vadivelu as the hero for the first time - is almost complete and a simple event was held at the Park Hotel in Nungambakkam yesterday to mark the film’s audio release.
Shankar
Here are the excerpts from the small chat we had with Shankar, the busiest director of the Tamil cinema today.

On giving chance to youngsters: “My first home production ‘Mudhalvan’ was a big hit. Since then, I have been giving opportunities to talented newcomers in my production. That’s how Balaji Sakthivel got his chance in ‘Kaadhal’ and Simbu Devan in ‘Imsai Arasan’.”
On Shivaji and Rajini: “I am sure that Shivaji will prove to be a great milestone in the career of the Super Star. We are all burning the midnight oil to produce a super film, but I can’t say now when the movie will hit the silver screen. Two songs have been picturised so far and three more to go. We are planning to continue our shooting in Europe once our schedule in Hyderabad gets over soon. Fifty percent of the filming is already done.”
Rajini
On Rajini and Shreya: “You will find that Rajini and Shreya make a great pair once the movie hits the screen. I have not asked Rajini to shed weight, in fact, I have asked him to put on some weight as the story demands a tough looking Rajini.”
Vadivelu
Here are the excerpts from media’s chat with the comedian, Vadivelu:

“I entered the film world 15 years ago and even now you see me only as the half-trousered guy in most of the promos. But for the first time I have appeared as a king in the trailers of ‘Imsai Arasan’!

Many people have come to me in the past saying that they will give the role of a hero in their movies
If I act as a hero, I will have to save my mother, sister, then dance with the heroine and fight on top of running trains. I knew, this won’t ‘work out’ for me. So I’ve always rejected those proposals.
Simbu Devan was actually pestering me to listen to the story and I made him do the rounds several times. He said he has got a story for me and I would have to speak in pure Tamil. I thought, ‘Aaaahaaaa, ivan enakku vaikapporanya aaapu!” My manager then looked at me and then we thought this guy had come to finish my career! I asked Simbu ‘Who is the producer?” To this he replied, “Listen to the story first and then I’ll tell you who the producer is.”
Vadivelu
Imsai Arasan
Out of pity I told him to narrate the story but immediately after he started I liked it very much and I asked him, “I’ll do the film. But, at least now tell me who the producer is?”

Simbu Devan said it was Shankar, and I exclaimed, “You should have told me this first!” He replied that he did not reveal the name of director because he wanted to accept the film for the story and not for the producer.
CSimbu is a good director and he has fulfilled my dream of acting in a historical movie. Also, he has given a chance to act with two heroines, Monica and Teja Sri!”

Top 10 Punch Dialogues of Tamil Cinema From Rs.390 to Rs.3.5 Crores. Ajith’s journey of hardship, from nowhere to stardom!!
Varanasi: Bala's next spiritual journey for Naan Kadavul Find out the fees your favourite stars command!!
365 days and beyond: Films that ran for more than a year and their success stories!! Rajini to release Tirupathi audio and leave for abroad!!
April releases: Who will make it big? Superstar and his black cat
Sivaji - Package Vettaiyadu Villaiyadu Package

Behindwoods.com © 2004-06 ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com