Movie News | Previews | Reviews | Music Review | Packages | Rising Stars
Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

Top 10 different movies of 2007
 Top 10 directors of 2007
Irfan Khan awes Brit critics!
By Behindwoods News Bureau.
January 10, 2008
Irfan Khan is going places with his performance in Mira Nair’s Namesake being lauded by one and all. This talented actor first grabbed the attention of audiences for his stunning performance in Vishal Bharadwaj’s Maqbool, though he had been around for a long time.
Irfan Khan

He later came out with a riveting performance in Naseerdin Shah’s Yun Hota tho Kya Hota… This was followed by an equally impressive role, as a Pakistani investigating officer, in Michael Winterbottom’s Mighty Heart.

Irfan’s latest release is Wes Anderson’s Darjeeling Limited, a comedy on brotherly bonding shot entirely in India. In this film, he plays a small role but his performance has come in for rave reviews from the critics in Britain who have said that only Irfan’s performance rings true in this shambolic odyssey. He has beaten his co-stars Adrian Brody, Owen Wilson and Jason Schwartzman to this praise from the usually critical British press. When questioned about having accepted such a small role, Irfan had this to say: “Even an actor of Bill Murray’s stature has a walk-on part in ‘Darjeeling Limited’. So, I see no reason for the audiences or me to feel let down. I did it with my eyes open. I wanted to work with director Wes Anderson ever since I saw his earlier comedy ‘Rushmore’.” That says a lot about an actor’s commitment to good work.

News Link Shah Rukh’s film banned in UP
behindwoods.com India Search
More News
News Arrow Ajith’ Joan!
News Arrow Irfan Khan awes Brit critics!
News Arrow Shah Rukh’s film banned in UP
News Arrow Kaalai certified!
News Arrow Rajini gears up for his next!
News Arrow Pongal releases - Theatre list
News Arrow Mamtha returns…
News Arrow Sarathkumar injured, Radhika rushes
News Arrow Prakash Raj out of Pongal race
News Arrow Shakthi is the Man of the Match
News Arrow Time for prequels – Omkara!
News Arrow Arnold and Beyonce in a Bollywood flick
News Arrow Sivaji brings loss to distributors
News Arrow Ajith flies to Hong Kong
News Arrow Balu Mahendra hits out at Kalloori
News Arrow Rajini and Kamal to felicitate comedy queen
News Arrow Silambarasan on Kaalai
News Arrow Karan Johar - Anurag Kashyap to work together
News Arrow Meera Jasmine for Jeevan
News Arrow Cheran in a soup!
News Arrow Superstar signs up Robot – Scoop news
News Arrow Balachander to announce Rajini’s next….
News Arrow Saran charges Kamal with embezzlement!

Everything about Tamil movies, Tamil Actors, Tamil Actresses, Tamil Cinema & Kollywood
Behindwoods.com 2004-2007 ; Privacy Policy ; Terms of Service ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com