Home > News Shots > World

By S Vikram | Sep 13, 2019 01:52 PM

An 18-year-old student in a village of United States was admitted in hospital after smoking e-cigarettes for more than a year. The boy was identified as Adam Hergenreder belonging to Gurnee, Illinois village in the US. Adam, who was a student-athlete lost his body and he now has lungs similar to that of a 70-year-old.  As per the Unilad report, the majority of the cases related to vaping illness involve people between 18 and 25 years old.

E-cigarette US -mystery vaping illness, 6 dead-steps to ban

The vaping (inhaling and exhaling) related illness has been a mystery in the E-cigarette (Electronic Cigarette) industry. According to The Guardian, 9 million adults and 3.6 million teenagers have been using e-cigarettes. Meanwhile, Norman Sharpless, Acting Food and Drug Administration Commissioner told the reporters on Wednesday (September 11) that vaping was a problem and they will use all the available options to tackle the health crisis.  The CNN US also reports that the Trump Government has been on the move to ban flavoured E-cigarettes.

The US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention are presently investigating 450 cases of a severe pulmonary disease to crack down the link to vaping. In fact, the authorities have called it 'an outbreak'.  So far 6 deaths have been reported out of the vaping illness and further measures are being taken to control the death toll including spreading awareness among people to stop smoking E-Cigarettes.

அரசியல், விளையாட்டு, நாட்டுநடப்பு, குற்ற சம்பவங்கள், வர்த்தகம், தொழில்நுட்பம், சினிமா, வாழ்க்கை முறை என பலதரப்பட்ட சுவாரஸ்யமான செய்திகளை தமிழில் படிக்க இங்கு கிளிக் செய்யவும்