Home > News Shots > India

By Vaishvedhidha | Jul 04, 2019 07:26 PM

A 16-year-old boy allegedly picked up and threw a 13-year-old girl off the eighth floor of her building in Mumbai's Goregaon, as the victim wanted to end their friendship, earlier this week.

Teen boy throws off minor girl off 8th floor

The girl is currently battling for her life at hospital with a fractured skull, said police. The boy was taken into custody on Monday.

His parents allegedly deleted records of phone messages between the boy and girl in an attempt to destroy the evidence and hid him at a relative's house. They were arrested by the police on Tuesday.

“We have lodged an FIR and caught the minor. His parents have been arrested,” said Vijaylaxmi Hiremath, senior police inspector, Aarey sub police.

The boy allegedly said "If you are not mine then you shouldn't be anyone's" before throwing the girl off, in an attempt to kill her. He was booked under POCSO Act and was sent to correction home.

According to Hindustan Times, the Aarey sub police said, the boy, who lives near her building, met the girl six months ago in a tuition class and they soon became friends. He would come to her building to deliver food parcels from a hotel run by his father.

When her mother recently got to know about their friendship, she asked her to end it. She then stopped speaking to him and asked him to stay away. But the boy kept harassing her.

On June 29, around 9.30pm, he asked her to meet him in the refuge area on the eighth floor. When they met, the girl told him that she does not want to meet again and wants to end the friendship. This angered the boy, who then lifted her and threw her off the building, said a police officer.

A person, speaking on the phone in the compound, heard a loud noise and rushed to see what happened. He then saw the girl in a pool of blood and raised an alarm and she was rushed to hospital.

According to the police, the accused rushed home and confessed to his parents. His parents then took his phone and deleted all communications between the two teenagers. They then sent him to Sion to a relative’s place and were hoping that the case will be treated as a suicide.

Upon investigation, police found out that the boy was also in the spot. They also found that the boy spotted the girl outside a mall with another boy and threatened her. A family friend of the girl said that her chances of survival are bleak.