PHOTOS & STILLS - GALLERY
PAPANASAM SONGS REVIEW
Review by : Behindwoods Review Board
Album Release Date : Jun 22,2015
Cast: Gautami, Kalabhavan Mani, Kamal Haasan, Nivetha Thomas
Direction: Jeethu Joseph
Screenplay: Jeethu Joseph
Story: Jeethu Joseph
Background score: Ghibran
Editing: Ayoob Khan
Art direction: Rembon Balraj
Lyrics: Na Muthukumar
Papanasam is an official remake of blockbuster Malayalam film Drishyam. This film stars Ulaganayagan and Gautami in the lead roles. Ghibran takes care of the music department for this film directed by Jeethu Joseph and produced by Wide Angle Creations and Rajkumar Theatres Private Limited.
The perennial symphonic arrangement from Ghibran proves to be a winner. The treble voices, the Kanjira, the Ghatam, the harmonies and the string sessions create an ambience expressing love and bonding.
To Ghibran’s melodious music, here is the softest voice on earth, Hariharan, lending weightage. Accolades to Ghibran for retaining the musicianship in his interludes and sticking to the catchiness in the Pallavi alone. Creating a trans like world by using unconventional instruments is becoming Ghibran’s forte. The sudden changeover into rock during the interlude is pure genius.
Like a continuation to Uttama Villain, the theme track is high on symphony. Especially the string sessions and the chord progression suggest a lot of emotion dwelling into the story.
An eerie feeling is created when the bow stretches the string really hard. The brass section and the Timpani’s bass take us into a dark hole.
This is the softer version of the Yeya En Kottakaaraa. Ghibran’s understanding of the Western classical is no easy feat. Special attention paid on the accents while playing the instrument differentiates his work from the rest.
A basic note overlapping another tune is multilayered and complex. The composition creates the urge and the purpose behind such a treatment.
Controlled bowing levitates the tune into a point of no return. Highly dramatized rhythm progression of the track is startling and Hollywood like.
Enforcing a feel of accomplishment, the chorus, hope-giving strings and the voice along with the pianos and the drumming give a full-fledged feel.
FACEBOOK COMMENTS ON PAPANASAM SONGS REVIEW
OTHER SONGS REVIEWS
- Demonte Colony Songs Review
- Inimey Ippadithaan Songs Review
- Masss Songs Review
- Kaakka Muttai Songs Review
- Kaaval Songs Review
- Idhu Enna Mayam Songs Review
- 36 Vayadhinile Songs Review
- O Kadhal Kanmani Songs Review
- Kuttram Kadithal Songs Review
- Kanchana 2 Songs Review
- Romeo Juliet Songs Review
- Komban Songs Review
- Uttama Villain Songs Review
- Pencil Songs Review
- Moone Moonu Varthai Songs Review
- India Pakistan Songs Review
- Valiyavan Songs Review
- Yennai Arindhaal Songs Review
- Aambala Songs Review
- Nanbenda Songs Review
PAPANASAM RELATED NEWS
- Papanasam Audio On….
- The Track List Of Papanasam Is Here!
- The Connect Between Papanasam And Thoonga Vanam
- Kamal's Papanasam From This Evening...
- Kamal And Ghibran With More Intriguing Music For Papanasam
- Kamal Haasan Is Very Happy With Papanasam
- Kamal’s Papanasam And Mohanlal’s Drishyam Aren’t The S...
- Kamal Haasan Rolls On With Papanasam
- Kamal Gives It Back To The Journalists!
- Superstars And Their Tryst With The 'Tripundra'
- Kamal Haasan's Heroine Makes A Comeback After 6 Years For Ka...
- Rest Of Thoonga Vanam Only At ...
- Kamal Haasan To Revive The Lost Leader After Thoonga Vanam!
- The 'Anbe Sivam' Charm Continues In Thoonga Vanam
- It's Official - Kamal Haasan Against Saif Ali Khan
PAPANASAM RELATED LINKS
- Papanasam Press Meet - Photos
- Papanasam Trailer 2 - Videos
- Papanasam Teaser - Videos
- Papanasam I II III IV V VI VII VIII
- Kamal Haasan - "I Feel Guilty That I Had Locked A Good Actress Like Gautami At Home" - Videos
- Thenali - Innocence Is A Kind Of Insanity | How About This For Mankatha 2 ? - Slideshow
- Thoongavanam Telugu Press Meet - Photos
- “The Oscar Winner Was Amazed With The Extent Of Kamal Sir’s Knowledge” – Kunal Rajan - Videos
- Thoongaavanam - Videos
- “Uttama Villain With K Balachander Sir Is A Good Parting Gift” - Videos
- My Marghadarsi!
- Delhi Tamil Sangam Felicitates National Award Winners - Photos
- "Kamal Sir's Thinking Is Unimaginable" - Ghibran - Videos
- "Act Of God Is A Very Subjective Statement To Me" - Kamal Haasan - Videos
- Uttama Villain Teaser - Videos