Tamil Movies | Trailers | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

Sushmita’s lending hand to cricketer Imran Khan
Sep 22, 2006
I will serve the world and poor people if I win the title – if this sounded like a cliché to you uttered by the beauty queens when they were being crowned, you guessed it right, yes it is. But when it comes to Sushmita, she seemed to have taken the famous tagline to her heart. Sushmita extended a helping hand to the Pakistani cricketer Imran Khan in raising funds for the cancer hospital founded by him.
Susmitha

She called off her shoots to be in Dubai to raise funds for the Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital, which Imran has built in the memory of his mother. The hospital was built by Imran to eradicate cancer and his inspiration came when he lost his mother to the deadly disease, Sushmita stated. Imran is planning to offer free cancer treatment to 70% of the patients in his hospital since many who are affected with cancer could not afford the expensive treatment. I am happy I rendered my help for a noble cause, Sushmita declared.

Sush attended a three-hour telecom in Dubai for two days followed by an auction dinner in which she put her painting under the hammer for the first time – not many knew that Sushmita could paint as well. To everyone’s surprise Sushmita’s painting fetched a whopping 25 lakh Indian rupees which she donated to the funds of the hospital. She will fly to Lahore in the near future to inaugurate the hospital. Imran is obviously happy with Sushmita’s favor and offered to visit India to attend a similar program.

Susmitha

News Link Sivaji shoot: Binny mills thronged with Rajini fans and general public

More News
News Arrow  Ileana exits and Anushka enters Surya’s Sarvam   News Arrow Vikram under house arrest with chicken pox
    News Arrow Selva-Sonia wedding in the presence of Rajni and Kamal
  News Arrow Movers n shakers: Simbu – Shreya, Arya – Aparna…
  News Arrow Kushboo and K S Ravikumar in Thalaimagan
  News Arrow Ban on Nayantara?
  News Arrow Shriya Reddy’s perfect smile
  News Arrow Vijay annoyed with Deva’s style of functioning
  News Arrow When’ll Anjali Paapa Shamili re-enter Kollywood?
  News Arrow Riya Sen’s new role
  News Arrow Vikram’s caution to an actress
  News Arrow Namitha’s film ‘Maya’ in trouble
  News Arrow Alleged affair costs Sneha her movie
  News Arrow Dasavatharam in Anna Arivalayam
  News Arrow A new finding on Thimiru, Thiruttu Payale and Imsai Arasan’s box office success
News Arrow Kollywood’s tussle to become Kushboo’s tenant   News Arrow Vishal to direct a movie?
News Arrow Sushmita’s lending hand to cricketer Imran Khan   News Arrow Kollywood’s new director is just nine years old
News Arrow Sivaji shoot: Binny mills thronged with Rajini fans and general public   News Arrow Surya: Cautious and conscious about his future
News Arrow Trisha fans wreak havoc in Stalin theatres   News Arrow Gautham keen to work with Ilayaraja

Everything about Tamil movies, Tamil Actors, Tamil Actresses, Tamil Cinema & Kollywood
Behindwoods.com © 2004-06 ; Privacy Policy ; Terms of Service ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com