Tamil Movies | Trailers | Comedy | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie News | Previews | Reviews | Music Review | Packages | Rising Stars
Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

TN Awards – all Glitz and Glam
By Behindwoods News Bureau.
No minimum balance NRI account
October 17, 2007
The Centenary Auditorium at the Madras University wore a festive look on October 16th, where the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister, M.Karunanidhi, presided over the State Awards ceremony. The function was a star-studded affair and the most deserving artistes and technicians were duly felicitated with awards.
Karunanidhi & Kamal Haasan & Rajinikanth

Awards functions always witness interesting speeches delivered by the guests. Superstar Rajinikanth, known for his anecdotes didn’t come up with one this time around but was nostalgic about his last award. He said: "One has to give good films and it should run successfully to get the patronage of the people. The State government by way of giving awards has honored such good films. I am receiving the award for the best actor after a gap of 32 years. Chandramukhi was always special to me. I appeared as a King Vettayan in the movie towards the climax, which attracted the attention of the movie-buffs. The role was inspired by few valorous men, who were in the court of Aurangazeb." He also requested the Chief Minister to talk to his politician friends up north and come up with an amicable solution to the Ram-Sethu controversy. The Chief Minister, on the request said: “I have a request, too. You also have friends in north India. When you visit the Himalayas next time, tell the sages there that I have nothing against Rama. In fact, my leader Periyar was called Ramasamy.” It was a remark in lighter vein, which had the audience in splits.

It was indeed a feast for the audience eyes when their favorite stars graced the stage one after the other. For those seated far away, a huge screen displayed the proceedings on stage. The audiences were awestruck at the rapport these stars shared and were jubilant as their favorite stars delivered speeches one after the other. Ajith and Vijay, seated next to each other, captured the attention of everyone present. This event, to be telecast soon on TV, is bound to be a good weekend treat.

behindwoods.com India Search
News Link
The Ist deepavali movie to annouce the theatre list
More News
News Arrow TN Awards – all Glitz and Glam
  News Arrow CM presents awards to Kamal and Rajini
    News Arrow Bhavana and Trisha come to Padmapriya’s rescue
  News Arrow Padmapriya returns favor to Sami
  News Arrow D-day for remakes is near
  News Arrow Sarath and Namitha go back to 1977
  News Arrow Lucky Vadivelu jives with Shriya in the rain
  News Arrow Radhika and Nadiya in Vijay’s film?
  News Arrow Parthiban reverts to what he does best
  News Arrow ATM release postponed!
  News Arrow The much awaited Jodha Akbar
  News Arrow ATM audio release
  News Arrow Rajini to be waxed
  News Arrow Rahman’s Golden age has come
  News Arrow Pirivom Santhippom’s Literary Traits
News Arrow The Ist deepavali movie to annouce the theatre list
  News Arrow Prabhu Deva inspired by legendary director
News Arrow Is Shahrukh a poser for ATM?
  News Arrow Cheran zeroes in on the chocolate lady
News Arrow Movie releases on Cell phones!
  News Arrow Padmapriya roughed up
News Arrow Shriya makes hay while it rains
  News Arrow Special day for the dusky beauty of Kollywood

Everything about Tamil movies, Tamil Actors, Tamil Actresses, Tamil Cinema & Kollywood
Behindwoods.com 2004-2007 ; Privacy Policy ; Terms of Service ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com