Tamil Movies | Trailers | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

Director Amir on hero-worshipping
Nov 27, 2006

Amir – the director who experiments his projects with newcomers – has no qualms in testing the waters with another pair of newcomers. His upcoming Paruthiveeran with newcomer Karthick and Priyamani is being given the final touches for a December release.

So does he not have any qualms in directing debutants? His answer is self-explanatory.

Director Amir
My movies are not made for stars and only my characters will speak after the release of my movie and not the stars, replies Amir self-assuredly.

I always have had faith in my stories and they speak out for me. Only the characters in Paruthiveean will stick to the minds of people after the release of the movie and not the stars Karthick and Priyamani, Amir has an assertive answer.
Amir has another theory to cast debutants. Nope, not the money factor. He says he is not ready to bank on the star status since nobody can give a guarantee for a movie’s performance at the box office except for its story. Well, we assume that is a rational thought. Don’t you?
Add behindwoods.com news feed to your google home page. Add to
Google   News Link

More News
News Arrow Will Kamal join hands with Bala?   News Arrow Consequence of saying, “I love you” to Asin
    News Arrow Guru will be extraordinary - reporter Maddy reveals
  News Arrow Rajini or Dhanush – who’s best in Shreya’s eyes?
  News Arrow Simbhu - Nayan feud causes ripples in politics
  News Arrow Amitab Bachchan out, Sharukh Khan in
  News Arrow Pachaikili Muthucharam sold for 10 crores !
  News Arrow Sathurangam Coming Soon
  News Arrow Asin Dropped?
  News Arrow From the land of Simran
  News Arrow Dhoom-2 breaks record
  News Arrow Trisha’s mom bowled over by Vikram
  News Arrow Prabhu Deva directs Lage Raho Munna Bhai
  News Arrow No change in title for Ajith's film
  News Arrow Cho Ramaswamy on Dasavatharam
News Arrow Vijay sings for Rahaman   News Arrow Ash’s kiss sparks a row in Bachchan household
News Arrow Ajith’s two-in-one celebrations   News Arrow Surya in dual role
News Arrow Director Amir on hero-worshipping   News Arrow Rahman vows to make Vijay's ATM a musical hit
News Arrow No takers for Naan Kadavul   News Arrow Asin on Alps travel with Ajith couple

Everything about Tamil movies, Tamil Actors, Tamil Actresses, Tamil Cinema & Kollywood
Behindwoods.com © 2004-06 ; Privacy Policy ; Terms of Service ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com