Tamil Movies | Trailers | Comedy | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie News | Previews | Reviews | Music Review | Packages | Rising Stars
Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

The actor who said NO to M.G.R
By Behindwoods News Bureau.
May 09, 2007
The recently released Periyar has been receiving good reviews from the media. Sathyaraj who had essayed the role of the rationalist, is completely overwhelmed by the response that he has been getting from people. According to this character artiste, his screen image is totally metamorphosed into a different dimension which has not been enjoyed by him hitherto.
Sathyaraj
While sharing his thoughts in an interview, he says, "I have been so fortunate to get an offer like this to play the role of a legendary politician. When my friends from the film industry, fans and political leaders call and congratulated me, I felt highly honored. They have also put forth a request asking me not to accept roles which lampoons others. After doing 'Periyar', I also second their opinion".

He further adds that having acted in more than 175 films with diverse roles he has no new heights to scale in the industry especially after having donned on the garb of the social reformer. Hence he has decided to bid adieu to characters with parody and be very choosy in selecting his films in future. The projects that he has earlier accepted and which are half way in the making will continue to have his original style. However, Sathyaraj has decided to opt out of Shakthi Chidambaram's film 'M.G.R.-Nambiar' where he and Parthiban were scheduled to feature, due to the image spawned on by Periyar. Now Shakthi is in talks with other actors for this role.

News Link
Pokkiri and others create havoc in the near by state

More News
News Arrow Rs 35 lakhs spent on filming AR Rahman's song   News Arrow Vivek’s surprise in Sivaji
    News Arrow Roller coaster ride in Prashanth’s personal life continues
  News Arrow Two individuals selling Sivaji tickets arrested
  News Arrow Big B with Ilaya Thalapathy
  News Arrow Priya Mani replaces Trisha
  News Arrow Ammuvagiya Naan against Indian culture?
  News Arrow Four films from Shankar’s kitty
  News Arrow Chennai goes to Hyderabad
  News Arrow An English movie's novel trailer release function
  News Arrow Blatant flaws in Periyar
  News Arrow Simbu, Vedika and the soaring temperature
  News Arrow Karu agrees to few cuts and changes
  News Arrow Priyan calls Trisha
  News Arrow Billa team await eagerly
News Arrow Periyar says NO to M.G.R   News Arrow Vijay sees and Sibiraj okays
News Arrow Mollywood keen to raise taxes for Tamil films   News Arrow Vijay Fan's Request
News Arrow What is happening to Kreedom?   News Arrow Vikram’s latest learning session
News Arrow Simbu to do a Kamal   News Arrow Asin’s northern journey begins

Everything about Tamil movies, Tamil Actors, Tamil Actresses, Tamil Cinema & Kollywood
Behindwoods.com 2004-2007 ; Privacy Policy ; Terms of Service ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com