Tamil Movies | Trailers | Comedy | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie News | Previews | Reviews | Music Review | Packages | Rising Stars
Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

Roja
Item
Vishal on Superstar, Sathyam, Nayan and more…
By Behindwoods News Bureau.
December 27, 2007
Without permitting enough time to bask in the decent success of his recent release Malaikottai, Vishal is subjecting himself to the backbreaking schedules of Sathyam. Car chasing sequences of the movie, that has until now consumed a whopping budget of around Rs. 2 crores, were shot in Anagaputhur in NH4 under the watchful administration of the renowned Hollywood Visual Effects Supervisor Craig A Mumma, stunt master Kanal Kannan, and director Rajasekhar.
Vishal
Apart from numerous Hollywood hits like Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Spy Kids, and Stuart Little, Mumma was also involved in Bollywood hits including Koi Mil Gaya, Lakshya, and Krrish.

Shot using three crash cameras – kept in the middle of the road and collided with a vehicle that damages the camera retaining only the film – five days of the 15 day shoot schedule are already over. Scenes of witnesses being brought on their way to the court and villains intrusion to siege the operation were canned.

Mumma uses storyboarding technique for framing the scenes as in Hollywood movies and pledges a goose flesh-inducing experience. “Stunts in this movie are a part of the script, one of the reasons I enjoy working for the film,” Mumma states as a matter of fact. He is also full of praise for Vishal and confirms, “Vishal is a devoted actor”.

Earlier, a song sequence was shot in Ramoji Rao Film City with Vishal and Nayantara shaking a leg for Harris Jeyaraj’s music. The lavishly done sets have reportedly devoured Rs. 1.5 crores.

In the midst of Cuts, Take Okays, and Breaks Vishal managed a brief tête-à-tête with our Correspondent answering posers in his habitual nonchalant manner. We started off with asking the inevitable; is the extravagance possible only because the movie is being produced under his father’s G.K. Reddy Corporation banner? Vishal, in turn, has a rather straightforward answer and stated that this venture will open up a new platform for his other producers to experiment in his future movies.

He doesn’t seem to think that he can recreate the Superstar magic by taking up one of his yesteryear superhits. “I revere him as one of his die-hard fans and can’t garner enough charisma to match his,” he shrugs the option off before wishing “may be I will direct myself performing his acts in my handy cam for my private viewing”.

Now that he has a string of hits to his credit where does he position himself within the top 10 in Kollywood? He brushes the question off with his customary smile shooting a politically correct answer, “I’m sure my fans have already placed me somewhere in the top 10, but not sure where though”.

Vishal woos Nayathara for Sathyam; now that the lady has risen the oomph-meter with some eyeball popping outfits for Billa will there be something similar to look forward to in Sathyam? Vishal acknowledges the anticipation and promises enough treat for her fans. Besides, before the director summoned him for the next shot, he also reassured that as is customary to the police stories, Sathyam would be strewn with smooches.

Sathyam deals with the story of a young police commissioner and the stumbling blocks he encounters during his service. Popular Kannada star Upendra and Telugu actor Katta Srinivas Rao play villains.

Second leg of the fight sequences are planned to be shot in Patinapakkam near Chennai. Sathyam is expected to hit the screens for Tamil New Year 2008

News Link Kaalai going places!
behindwoods.com India Search

Everything about Tamil movies, Tamil Actors, Tamil Actresses, Tamil Cinema & Kollywood
Behindwoods.com 2004-2007 ; Privacy Policy ; Terms of Service ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com