Tamil Movies | Trailers | Comedy | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie News | Previews | Reviews | Music Review | Packages | Rising Stars
Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

Thank God it’s Friday
By Harish V.
August 24, 2007
Have you wondered about the title of this series? Well, let me justify it before proceeding further on. As each week passes by I wish it to be good one for the movie buffs. But, unfortunately for me, it is nothing but headaches and this week is no exception, as my work is not getting any easier. Naturally, I heave a sigh of relief every Friday.
Ratatouille

This week, theatres in Chennai are gearing up to welcome six movies. And, as like the past two weeks, it’s once again almost a dry week where Kollywood is concerned. So, let’s be satisfied with two imported and four desi movies of which two are Tamil. Here, I will analyze each of these six movies and pick out this week’s best.

The first two in question are two low-budget Tamil movies, Thol(l)aipaesi and Oru Ponnu Oru Payan. I quite nearly missed these two films as I was unaware of its release till the last minute. These low profile movies with little to no known cast should understand the importance of good marketing. Thol(l)aipaesi deals with the effect of cellular phones in modern life. Oru Ponnu Oru Payan is an age-old teenage love story. These two can now only hope for a better word of mouth as is the only way it can make an impact.

The third movie in the race is a crossover English flick called “Framed”, a campus thriller with a lot of well-known faces like Karthik Kumar, VJ Lekha, Malavika and Tinnu Anand. This film is directed by ad-film maker Chetan Shah and is targeted on the multiplex audience. I expect this experimental thriller to work wonders and wish for more such movies in the future.

The fourth film is the much-awaited Bollywood comedy Heyy Baby. This movie is directed by the famous prankster of Hindi cinema Sajid Khan. The star cast includes Akshay Kumar, Fardeen Khan, Ritesh Deshmukh and Vidya Balan. The movie is inspired from the Hollywood movie “Three Men and a Baby”. Sajid Nadiadwala, the producer of this movie, has ensured, as usual, that no stones were left unturned where the marketing of the film is concerned. Heyy Baby is going to open big and for those who want to have a gala time, this is for you. Judging by the trailers, which are very funny, this film came in very close to being nominated the best this week.

The fifth film is called “The Host”. Basically a Korean movie, a dubbed version - both in English and Tamil - is being released. The film is all about a monster that attacks Seoul and how a dysfunctional family gets together to save their loved one from its clutches. It has the right ingredient of suspense, thrill and whole lot of comedy to make you enjoy your trip to the theatres. This movie was released in Korea a year ago, so those of you who are game for such movies must have seen it by now. The Host would have easily been selected as the best if Pixar didn’t release its movie this week. Hope many would have guessed the pick of the week by now.

Behindwoods Pick of the week - Ratatouille

Pixar, the frontiers of 3D animation movies and the people behind one of the best and the most loved animated movies like Monsters Inc., Toy Story, Finding Nemo, Carz and The Incredibles are back with their eighth animation flick - Ratatouille.
The movie is about a rat that wants to be a chef in France. How the rat realizes its dream with the help of a young garbage boy forms the rest of the story. As usual, Pixar has not just given a world-class animation movie but has also provided a superb screenplay for the adults to enjoy as much as the children. This has been their forte from the start as their movies usually woo people from 2 to 60. But this particular movie has been criticized of being more of adult-centric, as many minute details in the story will be too complex for the children to understand.

Whatever said and done, the movie is a rollercoaster ride. So hop in.

Final verdict – if possible check the last four.

behindwoods.com India Search
News Link
Kannamoochi Enadaa audio launch – Vivek spills the beans
More News
News Arrow Any conspiracies against Dasavatharam?
  News Arrow Secret behind Bhavana’s green signal to S J Suryah
    News Arrow First Ameer then Cheran
  News Arrow Gautham Menon’s assistant says NO to Aamir Khan
  News Arrow Mohanlal goes the Rajini way!
  News Arrow Vijayakanth stops Bheema
  News Arrow Ameer and Yuvan Shankar Raja take off to France
  News Arrow Simran’s comeback ends up in a shocking mess
  News Arrow The 12 crore dream might just not happen
  News Arrow Court refuses ban on Dasavatharam
  News Arrow Storyline of Vijay-Dharani’s Kuruvi
  News Arrow Vasantha Balan’s search for a producer
  News Arrow Shah Rukh Khan runs out of ‘Time’
  News Arrow Surya to Bharath to Vishal to Arya
  News Arrow Poo replaces Im
News Arrow Thank God it’s Friday
  News Arrow A.R. Rahman may get three years imprisonment
News Arrow Kannamoochi Enadaa audio launch – Vivek spills the beans
  News Arrow Dasavatharam for Rs.200
News Arrow Kamal as Rajini
  News Arrow Shahrukh surpasses Rajinikanth
News Arrow Kamal’s next film to be directed by Logidadas?
  News Arrow Kamal Congratulated Simbu

Everything about Tamil movies, Tamil Actors, Tamil Actresses, Tamil Cinema & Kollywood
Behindwoods.com 2004-2007 ; Privacy Policy ; Terms of Service ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com