Tamil Movies | Trailers | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

Ajith vs Bala – Ajith fans join the scene!!
Ajith
At Room No.66 of Palmgrove hotel…

Amidst all this confusion, Thaenappan, Bala, a couple of financiers met Ajith at room no. 66 of Hotel Palmgrove in Chennai this week. The meeting which started smoothly soon degenerated into a slanging match. Ajith said that he was going through financial difficulties and could not return the money immediately.
He claimed to be facing huge interest burdens, which he had been meeting through his earnings from his recent films. The group would not listen to his pleadings and demanded a confirmation which Ajith gave by signing promissory notes. Then came the big bombshell. Bala reportedly demanded a few crores by claiming that he had not accepted other projects because he had been planning to work with Ajith. Totally shaken by this allegation, Ajith agreed to pay the money to him as well. The whole episode lasted about four hours.

As per the guidelines of the Film Actors Guild, if any producer who pays an advance to the hero does not proceed with the film cannot demand the money back. The hero can accommodate the producer in any future projects. Thus, it is striking that a group of persons, including a leading director and producer, acted in such a morbid fashion to draw out acceptance from a simple, self-made man.
Sorry no comments

When contacted, Ajith who was dazed by the happenings magnanimously refused to complain to anyone about the incident and gave, ”sorry, no comment” as the answer.

When pressmen asked Bala and Thaenappan at the launch of Naan Kadavul last week, Bala said,”I am not the man to resort to cheap tricks. Whatever happened between closed doors is privy only to us. I do not want to discuss it in the open”.
Ajith
Thaenappan whined, “Please let me get on with at least this film as I am not sure when Vallavan would hit the screens”.
Ajith Fans
Ajith fans join the scene

There have been protests all over Chennai city and other places in the state decrying the attitude and behavior of director Bala. A leading office bearer of Ajith fans association said, ”We condemn what Bala had meted out to our hero. The whole world thinks of him as a great genius. To have stooped to such low levels against our hero is unthinkable.
Ajith has always been honest in his commitment to projects and never one to cringe on financial details. It is deplorable that such a thing has happened to him. We have held protests outside Bala’s house but Ajith has been magnanimous and asked us to withdraw. Such is the grace of the man.”

Both the sides are reluctant to divulge details. In such a scenario, we are left wondering about what actually happened. But then, one thing is sure. If a leading actor is forced into doing some thing which he is not bound to, it speaks of the growing culture of kattapanchayat which is rearing its ugly head again.

Behindwoods.com © 2004-06 ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com