www.garudabazaar.com

"800" FILM CONTROVERSY: MUTHIAH MURALIDHARAN RESPONDS - OFFICIAL STATEMENT!

Home > Tamil Movies > Tamil Cinema News

By |

Sri Lankan cricketer Muttiah Muralitharan's lifestory is all set for a biopic version, as the movie '800', a film centered on his life has started rolling. With actor Vijay Sethupathi set to star in the film, there has been a huge backlash against the project. The hashtag 'Shame on Vijay Sethupathi' also became trending in twitter just because of this reason.

800 movie controversy receives this official statement from Muthiah muralidharan ft Vijay Sethupathi

Muttiah Muralitharan has come out with an official response for this issue. "I have been through many controversies in my life to this day, regardless of whether it is personal or professional life. I would like to give some explanations for the various controversies and controversies that have arisen around my biopic project '800'", his statement reads.

"When I was first approached regarding this project, I hesitated a little. But since the fame and achievements I have gained as Muthiah Muralitharan are not just my own, the fact that through this movie, the countless people such as my parents, teachers, coaches and fellow cricketers will get their due credit was what motivated me to go forward with this."

Our family started their career as tea plantation laborers in Sri Lanka. The first victims of the war, which lasted for more than thirty years, were the Tamils ​​of Indian descent who lived in the mountaineous regions. We have been severely affected by the violence against Tamils ​​on Sri Lankan soil since the 1970s, from the day I can remember the violence in the JVP struggle and the series of bombings that followed.

"I lost my father at the age of 7 and our family was stuggling to make the ends meet. We all were struggling to survive in the war-prone zone. The film 800 talks about how I overcame all these odds and managed to succeed in cricket. Is it my fault that I was born a Sri Lankan Tamil? Since I am part of the Sri Lankan team, I have always been misunderstood in many ways. The film is being politicised for many reasons."

"There are many allegations levelled against me saying that I supported genocide. In 2009, my comments were completely misunderstood and it is still causing havoc for me. For someone who had witnessed war all life, it's end in 2009 was a welcome. I was happy that we are not going to lose lives anymore on both the sides."

"I was waiting to live in peace. I am someone who doesn't like advertising my philanthropic deeds. However, I have to tell this now. Through my NGO, Foundation of Goodness, I have been providing support to Eelam Tamils in children's education and welfare of women. I can show you the evidences as well."

"Apart from all this, it is painful that I am still portrayed as ignorant and as if I am anti-Tamil. I give this explanation to the public in a situation where only misinformation about me is being shared", thus the statement ends.

பிரேக்கிங் சினிமா செய்திகள், திரை விமர்சனம், பாடல் விமர்சனம், ஃபோட்டோ கேலரி, பாக்ஸ் ஆபிஸ் செய்திகள், ஸ்லைடு ஷோ, போன்ற பல்வேறு சுவாரஸியமான தகவல்களை தமிழில் படிக்க இங்கு கிளிக் செய்யவும்      

RELATED NEWS

RELATED LINKS

800 movie controversy receives this official statement from Muthiah muralidharan ft Vijay Sethupathi

People looking for online information on 800, Muthiah Muralidharan, Vijay Sethupathi will find this news story useful.