8-YEAR OLD BOY BULLIED FOR NAME ‘CORONA’ IN SCHOOL; POPULAR COVID-RECOVERED ACTOR SENDS A PERSONAL LETTER!

Home > Tamil Movies > Tamil Cinema News

By |

In a shocking piece of news that is doing heavy rounds on the social media, an eight-year-old boy named Corona De Vries, from the Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia was bullied for his name.

8 year old Australian boy bullied for name Corona in school, Tom Hanks sends a personal letter

He therefore wrote to the Hollywood star - Tom Hanks, after the actor and his wife, Rita Wilson, spent more than two weeks in quarantine testing positive for Covid-19 and now the duo has recovered from the deadly virus.

Reportedly, the boy wrote to Hanks saying: “I heard on the news you and your wife had caught the coronavirus. Are you OK?” He said he loved his name but people at school called him the Coronavirus which made him “sad and angry”.

Now, sharing the written letter image which read, “Dear Corona, Your letter made my wife and I feel so wonderful! Thank you for being such a good friend - friends make their friends feel good when they are down. I saw you on TV, even though I was back in the USA already - and all healthy. Even though I was no longer sick, getting your letter made me feel even better. You know, you are the only person I’ve ever known to have the name Corona - like the ring around the sun, a crown. I thought this typewriter would suit you. I had taken it to the Gold Coast, and now, it is back with you. Ask a grown-up how it works. And use it to write me back.” In a handwritten note, he wrote, “PS. You got a friend in ME. Thank again!”

Entertainment sub editor

பிரேக்கிங் சினிமா செய்திகள், திரை விமர்சனம், பாடல் விமர்சனம், ஃபோட்டோ கேலரி, பாக்ஸ் ஆபிஸ் செய்திகள், ஸ்லைடு ஷோ, போன்ற பல்வேறு சுவாரஸியமான தகவல்களை தமிழில் படிக்க இங்கு கிளிக் செய்யவும்