Home > News Shots > India

By Vaishvedhidha | Sep 24, 2019 10:46 AM

A third-year college student accidentally stepped on a live wire and caught fire in Mumbai on Friday. The boy was taking a left turn 20 feet away from his home when the accident happened.

WATCH VIDEO: College student steps on live wire, catches fire

20-year-old Shubham sony stepped on the joint of the cables which caused fire and set him on fire. He suffered 25% burns from the accident. The CCTV footage of the incident shows the boy stepping on the wire, later running and pouring water on himself to douse the flames.

“These wires have been exposed for a long time now. A vehicle too had caught fire here sometime back but nobody took cognisance of the spot. My son has received 25% burn injuries and will take at least a month to recover. Doctors have said the treatment will cost around ₹3 lakh. Though we have been told that Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Limited (MSEDCL) would provide us some financial help, we do not have any clarity yet,” said the boy's father.

“We covered the wires in cement around three months back, but it got washed away in the rain. The boy stepped on the joint of the wires, due to which the spark erupted,” said an official from MSEDCL. He said that the wires have been covered but the contractors of NMMC unearthed it to lay drainage pipe, reports The Hindu.

அரசியல், விளையாட்டு, நாட்டுநடப்பு, குற்ற சம்பவங்கள், வர்த்தகம், தொழில்நுட்பம், சினிமா, வாழ்க்கை முறை என பலதரப்பட்ட சுவாரஸ்யமான செய்திகளை தமிழில் படிக்க இங்கு கிளிக் செய்யவும்