Home > News Shots > India

By Vinershea | Apr 03, 2019 07:15 PM

Weeks after the brutal murder of a 12-year-old student in Dehradun, the investigating official team gave out details of the six-hour-long torture that the boy faced from two seniors before his death.

School staffs and seniors in Dehradun killed 12-year-old

The horrifying incident dates back to March 10, where 12-year-old boy, Vasu Yadav, was beaten to death by class XII students in school campus in Dehradun, Uttarakhand. The student was accused by his seniors of stealing a pack of biscuit while on an outing. The students attacked the boy with cricket bats and wickets inside a classroom and left. They wanted to teach him a lesson for spoiling their Sunday plans.  

According to ThePrint, the seniors went to the boy's room with stumps and a bat and started to hit him. Then they dragged him to the basketball court and made him take rounds till he was exhausted. Then they dragged him to the terrace of the hostel and told the boy to wrap his arms and legs around a pipe and was thrashed by a bat and stumps by two of his seniors. He was then stripped naked and drenched in cold water. His mouth was then stuffed with ‘Kurkure’ and biscuits, shoved down the throat with the help of a bucket full of filthy water from the toilet.

Surprisingly, when all this was happening, the hostel which has approximately 200 students and four staff members at the school’s boys residence, no one could hear his cries and none came to his rescue.

Hours later, the hostel warden spotted him and took him to a hospital where he was declared dead. The school authorities, instead of reporting the incident and turning the two students over to police, buried the boy in school campus without even informing the boy's parents.

The recent police probe has revealed the two main accused in this case: both are the boy's seniors, Shubhankar (19) and Laxman (19) — and three of the hostel staff on duty — Ashok, the physical education teacher, Ajay, the hostel warden and Praveen Mesih from the school administration. All of them were arrested on March 23. The arrests were made after the postmortem report on March 22.