Home > News Shots > Business

By Vinershea | Jun 30, 2020 01:20 PM

Ever since the work culture has changed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, work-from-home has become a new reality for millions of office workers. 

tcs infosys unacademy dream sports spinny reboot operations wfh

Where organizations have struggled to adapt with the work from home culture, many employers found it beneficial with the new option and are now looking to extend the work-from-home experiment.

Below are a few companies that are planning for a long-term or permanent work-from-home options: 

Infosys: This major firm - Infosys is planning for a partial flexible work-from-home model where a section of employees will work from home while others will work from the office. While speaking at the 39th Infosys Annual General Meeting, UB Pravin Rao, COO of Infosys, said it was too early to say how many will work from the office in the future. Amid this crisis, at least 95 percent of Infosys employees are working from home. The company also claimed that the company is in no hurry to bring employees back to the office. 

- TCS: Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) had earlier announced that it was planning a permanent work-from-home option for its employees. Meanwhile, the company also hopes to have 75 percent of its employees working from home by 2025 and the other 25 percent working from the office. 

Unacademy: Top ed-tech startup Unacademy has earlier announced that 60 percent of its workforce will work from home permanently. “We did a bunch of experiments in the past two months. Apart from a few core teams like product and content, where we need a lot of interactions and meetings on a daily basis everything can be moved remotely,” said co-founder Gaurav Munjal in an interview. 

Meanwhile, other companies like gaming unicorn Dream Sports have allowed employees to work from home until a cure or vaccine is available for coronavirus. This firm includes brands like Dream11, FanCode and DreamX.

Even, online used car platform Spinny recently decided to allow 80 percent of its workforce to work from home permanently. “We took this decision after evaluating the impact of remote work during the lockdown,” chief executive Niraj Singh said in an interview with a brand website. 

“The productivity wasn’t compromised during remote work and since our operations were completely shut, we worked on several products, features and designed new campaigns till May 8. The outputs were encouraging,” he further added. 

அரசியல், விளையாட்டு, நாட்டுநடப்பு, குற்ற சம்பவங்கள், வர்த்தகம், தொழில்நுட்பம், சினிமா, வாழ்க்கை முறை என பலதரப்பட்ட சுவாரஸ்யமான செய்திகளை தமிழில் படிக்க இங்கு கிளிக் செய்யவும்      



This page contains news relating to various facts and events. The views are generally about current affiars and general topics in diversified areas such as political, international, national, and regional issues, sports, health, travel, lifestyle, technology and business. People having similar interets on the above topics will find this page useful. Tcs infosys unacademy dream sports spinny reboot operations wfh | Business News.