Late director Diphan is well known for his blockbuster film "Puthiya Mukham" which marked the reentry of Prithviraj into Malayalam cinema in a clean shaven look. "Sathya" is an action thriller directed by Diphan starring Jayaram, Parvathy Nambiar and Roma Asrani. The son of veteran dubbing artist Anandavally, Diphan, passed away on 13th March 2017 due to liver cirrhosis and kidney failure. The story, screenplay, and dialogues of the movie, produced by Feros Saheed under the banner 'Shehnas Movie Creations' have been written by eminent writer/director A K Sajan.
The plot of Sathya revolves around Sathya, a gambler/rummy player in Pondicherry. He is the binami player of David, a rich businessman. But Sathya has no strings attached to anyone and lives on his own terms. Things get complicated after he falls in love with Milan, a rich girl from Fort Kochi. What happens when Milan gets into a trouble and what Sathya does, is all about the film.
A K Sajan, the writer of "Sathya" is the director of the Malayalam film "Stop Violence". The movie gave Prithviraj his biggest break by making him the action hero of every youngster in 2002 with the mass role of 'Saathan'. "Sathya" on the other hand, is a very badly written old-fashioned script which teases the viewer's intelligence. The direction also is very amateur and direction failures can be clearly seen in the second half when the hero, the villain and the police travel side by side without making any move on each other. Logic also takes a strong hit when the antagonists successfully pre-calculate every location of the 'people on the run', in spite of all the uncertainties regarding the path they might choose. The only explanation for the turn of events in the screenplay is that the makers wanted it to be like that.
Jayaram in a stylish avatar does not live up to his previous standard performances. He is the actor who made Malayalam audience laugh with his performances in movies like Melepparambil Aanveedu, Veendum chila veettukaryangal, Mazhavil kavadi. He also donned the powerful hero image in movies like CID Unnikrishnan BA BEd, Superman, Kottaaram veettile Apputtan and delivered brilliant performances in Maalootty, Aayushkalam and Keli. Jayaram in Sathya is just mediocre and unconvincing. The other cast including Roma, Parvathy, Deepak Jaithy and Pashanam Shaji also fail to make an everlasting impact.
The background score and music by Gopi Sunder is another average thing from the movie. The song "Njan ninne thedi" faced great criticism and trolls for its resemblance with "Halena" from Iru Mugan. Cinematography by Bharani K Dharan is the only element in the movie which is not below average.
FACEBOOK COMMENTS ON SATHYA REVIEW
OTHER MOVIE REVIEWS
SATHYA RELATED NEWS
- Kattappava Kaanom, Sathya And Now...
- A Wish To Remake The Kamal Haasan Cult, Sathya
- Chennai To Singapore For Sathya
- Is It Arya After Sathya?
- Sathya Performs And Arya Is Happy
- Finally It’s Time For Divya Spandana And Sathya
- Happy Birthday SPB And Sathya
- ''After Bairavaa And Motta Siva Ketta Siva, The List Is...''
- Vaikom Vijayalakshmi's Eye Doctor Passed Away
- Malayalam Director Passes Away
- One More Record By This Gifted Singer!
- Sad: Vaikom Vijayalakshmi Marriage Called Off!
- A Hollywood Connect In This Film…
- ''Many Heroes Must Have Approached Him Before Me''
- Popular Singer To Be Blessed With Vision
SATHYA RELATED LINKS
- Sathya - Photos
- Sathya | Kamal Haasan's 10 'erangi Adicha' Mass Films! - Slideshow
- Sathya - "My Eyes Welled Up When I Heard Arya's Comments" - Videos
- Sathya - "Arya And I Were Not Close To Each Other As Brothers" - Videos
- "The Songs Will Gain Popularity After The Film's Release" - Sathya - Videos
- Vishwaroopam Premiere At Sathyam - Photos
- Sathya On Engeyum Eppothum - Videos
- Sad : Vaikom Vijayalakshmi Marriage Called Off! | Top 10 News (Feb 26 - Mar 4) - Slideshow
- Jayaram | 9 Surprising Previous Professions Of Malayalam Stars - Slideshow
- Jayaram - Photos
- Kappal Team Meet - Videos
- Kappal Team Meet - Photos