YO BOYS, I WRITE 3
Home > Visitor Column
By Behindwoods Visitor Chozha Magan
Behindwoods.com isn't responsible for the views expressed by the visitor in this column.
3-anirudh-04-04-12

It’s not a review and I am not going to narrate the story, it’s obvious everybody knew it right now.

Before going to the crux,

I believed this movie to be a commercial love comedy drama. After seeing the promotional, I had a dilemma between a love saying movie with the taste of humor like SMS or more sensitive like VTV. But after watching the opening scene of a mourn and the BGM played in the speaker I knew it’s not a movie you were imagining at the ticket counter.

Plot: Finding the reason of death to her loved one and the three (3) stages of protagonist’s (Ram & Janani) life, and predominantly their love with each other and a heavy climax with a positive message to note.

After coming out of the cinema, I happened to meet peoples who were criticizing it with some pathetic reasons;

1)      Lengthy second half: First half has 1 hr 25 min and second half is 1 hr.

2)      Irrespective of length of first half it’s easy-moving: The first half was molded to showcase their intimacy in love on a fun way to understand the seriousness (in the story) at the second half. The actual movie starts on second half by introducing the dark shades of the protagonist and its effects.  If we do come only for “What is Kolaveri di” it might be annoying for the heavy package on second half.

3)      Big peoples (Prabhu, Banupriya, and Rohini) are unused in the movie: Please do not forget they are characters and no tag is allowed inside a play. Adding to the above point it’s a creator decision on the application of a material.

4)      Music and BGMS are insipid: It’s apparent that the movie was popularized with its song to the whole world and the BGMS are fabulous with regard to the plot. No justification can be given more.

5)      Hangover of “Mayakkam Enna” : Both this movies have similarities in the actor and director(Aishwarya was  assisting Selvaragavan). But the previous movie(ME) clearly explains the cause of depression and it was not a mental disorder, it’s all about the guy getting dejected in his search of passion and became a chronic drinker. Now here the movie doesn’t explain the cause of the mental disorder (I feel it’s a positivity) and his struggle in revealing his secrecy to his loved one.

6)      Dhanush a professional psycho: Let him be and who gets hurt? But his performance was extra-ordinary, and he really justifies his national award once again. No words to describe his presence on the movie (Please do take care of him, we require peoples like him in Kollywood)

7)      With all this review, still Why 3: It’s a intense love story with a mental disorder playing an important role which turns on events should not be an itching factor to ask a blunt question.

On other side

a) Explanation for Dhanush maintaining the secrecy to his family is unrevealed or unexplained with clarity.

b) What really police told Shruthi (Hope he says it’s a suicide and not a murder), which can be conveyed in some other way to us later and not imaging by our self.

c) The movie was framed to be a fun-filled movie when it’s publicized and it’s a cheap trick facilitated the audience to enter the cinema hall.

A Extraordinary performance of Dhanush and no complaints about Shruthi and Sundar especially a neat performance from Sivakarthikeyan. On technical side everybody executed well on camera, editing and especially from Anirudh.

Kudos to the director to choose a gray movie on the first attempt and its well executed.

Chozha Magan
chozhamagan@gmail.com

Tags :3,Anirudh,Dhanush,Aishwarya Dhanush,Shruthi Haasan

The visitor claims that this column is his/her own. If the column infringes any copyrights that you hold, please email us.

OTHER VISITOR COLUMNS
YO BOYS, I WRITE 3
3 FILM REVIEW - AISHWARYA DHANUSH'S KOLAVERI ...
REVIEW: 3
AGENT VINOD REVIEW
FINAL CHANCE TO RE-WRITE THE HISTORY:
MORE VISITOR COLUMNS

Everything about Tamil movies, Tamil Actors, Tamil Actresses, Tamil Cinema & Kollywood
Behindwoods.com © 2004-2010 ; Privacy Policy ; Terms of Service
 BEHINDINDIA UPDATES